[DETAIL] VW Golf R

Started by orgigeorgie, April 07, 2014, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orgigeorgie

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Today we have a cool little Golf R. Always noticed these on the road due to the aggressive rear LED lights and now I finally got to get my hands on one.

The owner basically wanted paint correction and Hardbody. He had done his research and was happy to have the upkeep of the Hardbody (which is minimal anyway).

The car was dropped off late friday night and the process began early on Saturday morning. After a good clean we were able to see the damage which was predominantly a lot of love marks and the usual swirls.

We stripped the wax that was on the paint and began taping the car up. As you can see we paid attention to where the buffer we cover and had to tape up the inside rubbers as there was a 2mm gap that would have been covered in polish..and we don't want that.

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Unfortunately we had to return the car by sunday so no 50/50 shots were taken as we were under the pump to get this done. Here are some progressive shots. Some turned out pretty kewl!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Btw these wheels were the hardest thing I have ever tried to clean!! The coating on it was so grippy! I spent a good 3 hours on the wheels which slowed me down!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

By midnightish we were done. We didn't have time to take some photos so we had to get creative.

(there are a ton more but you get the gist)

But in the AM we struck lucky and got some sick FOG! In the 10 minutes we had from brushing our teeth and departing we go these cool shots.

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Public Service Annoucement from BGD: Unfortunately I have decided that I will no longer be offering medium to heavy paint correction on any color car (especially black) to fit in one day. I've decided to limit my work day to 12 hours. Apologies for the inconvinience and thanks for understanding.

OG

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6