105 Resto

Started by 105Veloce, April 05, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

105Veloce

Here's some photos of the strip down of my 1750 GTV. Plenty of rust and putty was exposed (as expected) with the worst being the passenger door, radiator cross-member and floor.
'70 1750 GTV restoration project

105Veloce

Door

105Veloce

Rear wing

105Veloce

I'll upload more photos once i can get the image sizes reduced enough. I'm planning to build a car to participate in hillclimbs and sprints so it will have a bare interior, bucket seats, half cage and possibly a twin spark conversion.

105Veloce

The best bit on the entire car. Shame it won't go back in because of the half cage.  ;D

105Veloce

I'm still after a passenger door if anyone's willing to sell.

17fitty

Luckeyabarth- i have a very similar 1750 and have just decided to put a half cage in it too comply with our new strict rollcage laws.If you dont already have a cage maker let me know as its just as easy 2 make 2.Cheeers

105Veloce

Quote from: 17fitty on April 05, 2014, 10:35:22 PM
Luckeyabarth- i have a very similar 1750 and have just decided to put a half cage in it too comply with our new strict rollcage laws.If you dont already have a cage maker let me know as its just as easy 2 make 2.Cheeers

Details of the cage would be great 17fitty! I won't get mine built until all the body work is done but i'd really appreciate some info.
Thanks

cjheath

Quote from: lukeyabarth on April 05, 2014, 09:43:28 PM
The best bit on the entire car. Shame it won't go back in because of the half cage.  ;D

Is that the original Series-2 rear seat? Would you consider selling it? For complicated reasons I have the wrong rear seats in my 1750 GTV, and they're intact but leave an unsightly gap. PM me.

Balfa

Nice thread, can't wait for more pics :)

105Veloce

The front end was taken apart, stripped and primed to protect the bare metal. Fortunately the only rust was in the lower valance. The rear windows and chrome trim were also removed. The passengers side had suprisingly minimal rust, however the drivers side rear window was pretty rotten as you can see.