Cd radio issues on my 159

Started by Matthew 159 JTS, March 29, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew 159 JTS

First time message, first time alfa owner.  I have bought a 2009 JTS Ti.  Red! I love it!  Except the radio is horrible as it tunes in multiples of 10 only!  It has to go so I want to get a new audio system with GPS.  Any ideas? Another small issue is that my front parking sensors stopped working.  Any ideas here or should I just wait for next service. 
Matthew159

shiny_car

Alpine and Pioneer make very good 2-DIN satnav units.

You will need a dash kit to suit the 159 (easy enough to obtain). And to retain steering wheel controls, you'll want the Connects2 CTSAR002.2 interface with appropriate patch lead (eg: CTALPINELEAD).

If you have B&M, you will lose this feature (ie: lose the BT/phone (but replaced by your new model if it has BT), and the USB (likely to have one in your new model)).

Are the front parking sensors 'factory'. I think they are a rare option on Oz-spec cars. Could be aftermarket. Regardless, probably need to take the bumper off to check things.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Matthew 159 JTS

Thanks Shiny Car.  Will take your advice to a good audio place!
:)

Potsie

Whilst it looks like that Matthew is going to head down another path, I also had the problem on my 159 where the AM radio was only tuning by jumps of 10 Hz.

Found that the problem is that in the US and Japan AM radio goes in jumps of 10, whereas in Aus. and the UK we go in jumps of 9.

I accidentily had altered my radio to that US setting. So for anyone else with this issue, the solution was to -

turn the radio off, turn it back on, hit FM and Preset 1 simultaneously.

(see also:  http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/533681-tuning-am-mw-in-my-159-a.html )

Potsie.
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)