Hill climbing - Rob Roy

Started by Neil Choi, March 13, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Anyone interested?

I have never done one, only because I am too busy.  Club's history is that we used to do it quite a bit with some of our club members holding class records.

Currently, Mark Patane is a regular hill climber.  Apparently, it is the pretty intense during the time you are on the track.

=========================================
MAY 4th
Round 1, 2014  InterClub Hillclimb Challenge, ROB ROY
Round 1 of the 2014 InterClub Hillclimb Challenge, conducted by the MG Car Club will be held at Rob Roy Hillclimb, Clintons Road, Christmas Hills on Sunday 4th May. This is the first round of a 2 part series that pits a number of Clubs against each other for the InterClub Cup.  Points are scored for every car that enters as well as placegetters in each class.  Form your Club team now.
Official timed runs from 9.00am. Entry forms will be available on the website, www.robroyhillclimb.com.au.  Spectator entry will be $10 per person or $15 per car. Catering on site. Enquiries Ken Price  0418 311040

Neil Choi

Another classic.

Backto105

Just a little more info for everyone.

Cars can be standard road cars. Hill climbing is very easy on the cars. Just a short intense blast.

The standard basic equipment- helmet, fire extinguisher (with metal bracket) and all loose articles removed from boot/interior of car.

A sticker pointing to the standard tow hook and blue triangle sticker showing the location of the battery is a good idea.

An LS2 licence is required which is the same as the sprint licence.

I will be there and we can park all the Alfa's together in the pits and I will be able to assist you we scrutineering and paperwork.... it's very straightforward and great friendly relaxed atmosphere.

Also, not far away, just on the other side of Eltham- opposite Sugarloaf Reservoir.

If you need any more info let me know.

All Alfa's entered will automatically be part of the team representing AROCA.

The Rob Roy Interclub Challenge is run over 3 rounds:
Rnd 1- 4th May
Rnd 2- 31st August
Rnd 3- 2nd November

And by then you will have been bitten by the Hill climb bug  and we have the

23rd Rob Roy Historic and Classic Hill climb on 23rd November- this is a great day with cars from the 30's - 90's. Over the last couple of years Norm Beechy (in his 80's now) has turned up in his Camaro.
Classic Cars and classic racers!

Regards

Mark
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

pete barr

Always used to do hill limbs before the start of the racing season. Gives you a great chance to practice your starting technique, sharpens you up, narrow track, no room for mistakes and plenty of goes!

Backto105

Hey Peter,

I remember our days at Lakeland Hill Climb back in the early-mid 80's.

And you are absolutely right.... it sharpens you so that you can switch it on and off with no warm up.

My avatar pic was taken by Anthony Sharp at Lakeland in 1985!!!

Regards

Mark
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver