[DETAIL] Mercedes Benz E200

Started by orgigeorgie, March 11, 2014, 10:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orgigeorgie

Sup Dudes,

This time round we have something very nice from our german counterparts. I was very fortunate to work on this surprisingly beautiful E200 Mercedes. 

A big thank you goes out to the ausalfa member who referred me. Thanks man.

Now quiet often you'll here me say never take your car to those "hand car washes", well i finally have proof why!!

Check this out:

What you see there is some random holograming, not consistent with the rest of the paint. This was however covered up with layer of wax.

So when you see a cheap 'cut and polish' please think of this mercedes...!

Love marks. These are common on the guards as quite often car washers will be washing the wheels, spot a mark on the paint quickly just wipe it off with the same cloth. If anyone here is a culprit of these habit, i should slap you, but instead please be wary. WHEELS and PAINT are a SEPARATE process!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Corrected. The little fibers you see are from the MF pads and clothes that have decided to malt on me.

If you own a convertible, please clean your roof regularly. Why? Your canvas roof is waxed from factory, to keep that wax healthy you need to avoid debris build up otherwise it'll eat at it. No you cant just wax your roof the same way you wax your car.

For canvas, be sure to use your low pressure head/setting and just wipe off. 303 is great product for it.

Anyway that's about it in terms of lessons for today. Few little things to be wary when washing your car.

Now enjoy what is actually now one of my favourite modern mercs. I find this car extremely pleasing on the eye and after being it in for 4 days I really do have admit....its pretty bloody good.

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Thanks for learning and listening.

OG
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

aggie57

Question - black has always been considered a really hard colour to keep clean (at least as I understand it) while white was always the opposite.  But my current Carrara white 911 is a real pain; shows the smallest amount of dirt and road grime, whereas the previous one in metallic Basalt Black was great. 

Any comment?

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

orgigeorgie

Hahahah that is unique.

There is a difference between road grime and paint defect. White will naturally show grime earlier simply because of the contrast between the two. However it hides paint defects reasonably well as the eye tends to soften any refracted light. If it is metallic it hides even more.

Black on the contrary will hide dirt for longer due to a lesser contrast between dirt (dirt is usually dark grey) but will show up defects in harsh sunlight like no tomorrow. As light hits the damaged paint at sharp angles it will generally be refracted back acutely. Corrected paint will disperse the light making it appear smoother.

If its flat black, you get worst of both worlds unfortunately. If it is metallic black very much what you're describing.

Does that clear it up?

George
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list