New owner of a 2005 166

Started by sud901, March 16, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sud901

I've recently bought a 166 from a good bloke who hangs around this forum (though funnily enough, never met him). Not sure if he wants me to mention his username, so I won't.  :)

Fitted an aircon condensor in the last few days and started buttoning it up today. Wiped the door handles that have 'melted' their original vinyl paint and they came up pretty well. I keep going down to the garage to just look at the car or sit in it and smell the leather. Did I just think that or write that?  :o

Really like having a car to tinker with but really doesn't have much at all to do to it. It's like you have a few on-going projects or items to fix without that overwhelming sense of you'll never have time to get it right. This 166 has been well looked after, I just have small things to attend to.

I owned a 77 Alfasud Ti (hence my username; when I registered I had fanciful ideas of finding an 83 TC with no rust - yeah right!) back in the mid-1980s and also a 1980 Alfetta 2.0 sedan in about 1995. I seriously looked at buying a 75, a 164 ( a Q and a Super) and a GTV6 since, but have never actually returned to Alfa ownership... till now.

Hope to meet some of you at the Italian car show in Canberra at the end of the month. It's my daughter's birthday party on the Saturday so it'll be a early run down in the morning for me if I can get away.

Evan Bottcher

Welcome to the forum.  Any ex-sud owner is okay in my book :)

I won't be up at Canberra, would love to see photos of your 166.  Shout if you want a hand resizing/uploading.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Hanslow

Hi there.

There are a few driving up to Canberra early Saturday.  We will all meet up for dinner at Manuka on Saturday night.

More info and contact details: http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_jcalpro/Itemid,67/extmode,view/extid,562/

Sunday of course is the show.  Hope to see you around.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

AndrewR

Evan,
When I take some pictures of my 166 I will contact you for help so that I can down load them.
2006-166 Ti