SHITBOX FETTA REKINDLED

Started by 17fitty, February 24, 2014, 01:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

17fitty

Heres some photos of the shitbox rally alfetta i bought of a forum member last year.I have welded all the rust and repainted it.Also had a bit of a hit in on the right hand 1/4 panel which ive pulled straight.The paint job is a 20mt or 200kmh job as the paint had a reaction with ?????something--really strange but looks acceptable(i like patina anyway)I have put some fulcrum progressive springs in the rear with some koni reds i had laying around.Also replaced rack ends and tie rods rear gbox mount and lhs gbox mount and of course a few wiring issues but car is now on the road and am trying to use as much as poss.Also removed the towbar and had the last section of the exhaust replaced but for some reason they didnt run it the same diameter as the existing and personally dont like the look of it so will change it shortly but does sound ok.Threw the momos on and there it is.Further down the track i will put my spare motor in it as it has a bit of work don e too it-45mm dellortos/hc pistons/balanced/10548 cams/head ported and matched as are in let manifold and extractors.

Paul Gulliver

I wonder if Matt Francis is at home with a box of tissues looking at these photos.

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

I need a box of tissues. I have much desire for Alfettas...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Pedro69

Paint looks good from here 17fitty  ;)

Craig_m67

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on February 24, 2014, 02:38:51 PM
I wonder if Matt Francis is at home with a box of tissues looking at these photos.

Gully

I know I am, that was a great little car.
Glad to see the lemans blue retained!!

That corner has pulled out nicely too :)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

17fitty

Cheers all-funnily it fought me the whole way but slowly im going to get the upper hand.
Quote from: Evan Bottcher on February 24, 2014, 05:57:56 PM
I need a box of tissues. I have much desire for Alfettas...

four90s

Hi 17fitty

Just to steer the subject away from the more erotic overtones it's taken on, what are you planning to do with the tow bar?

My Alfetta had one at some stage, but it's been removed.

Cheers
Steve
Adelaide
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

rowan_bris

Mat Francis

;D

Great work, best thing ive seen in ages! If thats not motivation to finish my one (considering how much better condition it started in than yours), I dont know what is.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

ANG156

Hi Mate, do you live in the thomastown area? I think I have seen your car on the ring road getting off at edgars road and at the car was on mahoneys road next door to arb.

Looks good by the way

brook308

Nice! ,
Drive it around to the Scuderia tonight, working on the v6 front end, putting all the bits in from Mr Sharp!
Fun spending someone elses money  :D

17fitty

17fitty

Quote from: Mat Francis on February 25, 2014, 01:10:57 PM
;D

Great work, best thing ive seen in ages! If thats not motivation to finish my one (considering how much better condition it started in than yours), I dont know what is.
CMON-more the merrier-any photos of yours and d o you have any pics of mine as i cant find the thread on this??
Ang--i live north of Bris ,but pretty sure it came from Vic but unsure where?
Brooke308-it still fighting me-rear brake line has collapsed so hoping new one to be here tomorrow.Heard there was some nice gear at the Scuderia ck chapter.

Craig_m67

I bought it for the 2013 Shitbox Rally.
I flew to Melbourne and drove it straight home to Brisbane, effectively nonstop round trip.
I'm really happy to see it up and around, that car has good bones and a zest for life!!

The Momo Vegas look good too!

Thread here >> http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=10754.msg66145#msg66145
Including a link to the discussion with mat Francis who I bought it from.

There was a log book with the car describing some history - and V5 Simmons, what are they on now?
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

brook308

Quote from: 17fitty on February 25, 2014, 07:40:06 PM
Quote from: Mat Francis on February 25, 2014, 01:10:57 PM
;D

CMON-more the merrier-any photos of yours and d o you have any pics of mine as i cant find the thread on this??
Ang--i live north of Bris ,but pretty sure it came from Vic but unsure where?
Brooke308-it still fighting me-rear brake line has collapsed so hoping new one to be here tomorrow.Heard there was some nice gear at the Scuderia ck chapter.

Rear brake line? Is it the flex line from the body to the transaxel?

Give me a yell if ur stuck I might have a spare.