Hi, new to Alfa and my GT 2.0 JTS

Started by respectexistances, February 19, 2014, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

respectexistances

Hi everyone,

this place looks like it's full of enthusiastic people. Glad to be making my first connection.

I take delivery of the beauty later today, but need a few parts (LH guard & bumper) before she's on the road.

Going to post in spares section now.

Thanks guys.
R.

colcol

Welcome R. I hope your Alfa GT, turns out good, very practicle car, based on the 147 with a sexy body over it, make sure you keep the oils and coolants up to it, 10 - 60 fully synthetic racing oil only, change it more regulary with city driving and do the cam belt every 3 years or 60,000 klms, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

respectexistances

Hi colcol, and thanks for your warm welcome.
I have been hearing a bit about the oils and coolants, will be sure to pamper it.
I've also heard that the factory thermostat should be replaced as they're usually dodgy.

Thanks for your tips.

Cheers,
Respectex.

colcol

I have had different brands of thermostats and they all fail early on, it must be a design fault, the thermostat itself is quite small in the housing, so maybe its not up to the job.....cannot replace the thermostat on its own, have to replace the housing as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]