Happy end to finding the 1.7 Sprint

Started by figgis, January 16, 2014, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

figgis

Many thanks to Martyn.

I have been in touch with the current owner, its currently a works in progress restore. But he has kindly agreed to sell it back to me.

I have no experience in car restoration so no doubt will be looking for some help and tips in the coming months.

a brief history of the car below..

I Origanly saw the car after a few weeks from brand new after my parents friend came over for a  get together, the moment I first saw it, I just had to get one. Being only 20, I could not afford a new one so had to wait about 7 years before she sold it. I had to make do with Suds and older 1.5 sprints before I got my hands on it.  I did manage to find a Veloce 1.7 in Silver ( the only colour I wanted) but unfortunately some idiot pulled out in front of me and wrote it off after only 3 weeks of having it..  As luck would have it I got the call from her a few months later saying she was going to trade it in for a Spider, did I still want to buy it.

I had just met my future wife ( from Perth) and part of the deal of me moving here was that I had to ship my beloved Sprint with me..

So as you can see there is a fair bit of emotion that goes with the car for me and its the one that started my love affair with Alfa Romeos and have not driven any other make of car since.
present:
147 GTA
GTV V6
07 Spider JTs

Past
Alfa sud
Alfa 75 3.0 Veloce
1.5 Sprint x 2
1.7 Sprint Veloce

aussiehcviva

Great news. I look forward to seeing it around