Veloce Racing Associaton: East Coast Challenge 2014

Started by Neil Choi, December 23, 2013, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

So you all Alfa Racers.

The Veloce Racing Association has now scheduled the (in)famous East Coast Challenge, racing for all Alfa's (fitting the VRA regulations), to be at Wakefield on August 24.

A gang of 6 or more would be nice to campaign for the Victorian Team against the mighty Cockroaches and Cane toads.  Victorians being called Mexicans.

So get cracking on your planning of your racing calendar and include this one.  If you haven't raced at Wakefield, it is a hoot, similar to Winton short track.

What more can you ask for, a road trip with a bunch of Alfa nuts with their racing Alfa's.

Get in touch in interested.

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

I'm in. 

Wakefield is only a leisurely 6.5 hours up the highway.  In 2012 we were shamed by being outnumbered by Queenslanders making the 16+ hour journey down to Winton.  From all accounts and videos Wakefield is a super Alfa-suited circuit, I can't wait.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Thought I would bring this post up to motivate the racers amongst us to get bum into gear and plan on doing the challenge.

Chatting at club night, the numbers are building and a convoy is planned.

Who else is in.  I know several Alfa's just got cages installed.

John A Pucak

alfa duk

Racers, as we complete our second round of the VRA championship, our thoughts turn to the East Coast challenge which is not really that far away, 23 - 24 August. Hope to see a posse of Mexicans join the Cockroaches and cane toads.
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfa duk

85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Neil Choi

Yes, I think I am accidentally entered, just kept clicking "next" and next thing I know I am entered and confirmation sent, bugger!!!

http://wakefield.savvyit.com.au/index.aspx?eventID=35#

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Neil Choi

No, you are probably correct.  Have we enlisted our executive chef, Sheldon, to come.

Neil Choi

Ok Racers,

Entry is now open.  I know of 3 Victorians entered.  So all you folks with caged Alfa's, it is time.  Doesn't take much, a couple of days to get AASA racing license and logbook.  Click the entry form and keep clicking until it suddenly tells you - you are racing. 

http://wakefield.savvyit.com.au/index.aspx?eventID=35#

A convoy is heading up on the Friday, probably lunch in Benalla.  I have booked the cheapest and nastiest hotel in Goulburn. 

Going to be over 25-30 racing Alfa's of all types, so plenty to race with up and down the grid.  Lots of track time too.

What say ya!!!!!!

Evan Bottcher

Even though this topic is in the "Historic Group S Racing" section, the East Coast Challenge is not just about historic racing.  The Veloce Racing category is open to all Alfas that fit roughly within Improved Production or Marque Sports regulations - so nothing too modified.  When I ran in 2012 we had a 75 twinspark, a Sud, a 105 berlina, and a modern v6 GT.  The main restriction is having to run max 7" wide wheels and 60% profile rubber.

If your car has a cage, getting a AASA logbook is trivial and getting the AASA racing license is very simple also - plenty of time to do so before next month.

Come on Victorians!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

alfagtv58

Just entered  8)

I had better go and get the car ready.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Neil Choi on July 20, 2014, 04:45:43 PM
Have we enlisted our executive chef, Sheldon, to come.

All expenses paid is it Neil?