[DETAIL] Alfa Romeo Giulietta by BGD

Started by orgigeorgie, December 05, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orgigeorgie

So today's detailing story comes from a lovely gentleman and his partner up in Castlemaine. He contacted me pretty much only a few weeks after purchasing it and has never owned an Alfa before.

This thing is a daily driver and sees nothing but highways - in 3 months he's had it i has done just under 9000km...pwoah! The condition when i arrived was dusty as to be expected but the paint underneath was actually pretty good. Not many swirls induced by washing and dealer love marks.

For this one there really isn't any before shots - the working space was tight and I did not have the patience to dick around with lighting and focusing the camera. There were imperfection but relatively light. Typical swirls and some light scratches.

As you can see it's either me or the car in the garage...but not both. TIGHT! It was also very dusty so I decided to sacrifice me getting a little muddy to save me doing twice the work - I wet the floor...with the hose you dirty bastards. This kept the dust down for most of the day.

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

The G's bonnet had reasonably hard paint....as opposed to it's doors where they were painted with crayons. Anyway here are some afters:

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

My bitch in the back:

Some interior love:

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

The car was coated in two layers of hardbody - and upon the second layer the weather decided to be dick and began to rain as I was prepping it. Quickly drove it back inside - but too late for the front bar - It had water stains. Ugh gently polished them off by hand and reapplied the hard body.

This is why it is important to have cover these coating don't appear to like water until they are fully cured.

The final shots when the sun decided to come out (just click em for full size):

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

url=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/orgigeorgie/media/DSC_3927_zps8cf5658a.jpg.html][/url]

For those of you in the "this is not a real alfa" camp....you have to admit, at least it's one bloody good looking fiat. The owners decided that maybe they'll try the G as they wanted something different...soon as they drove it they bought and scratched everything else off the list. Seems pretty alfa to me. 3 months in and you can see they were already over the moon and after the obvious question of, do you take in D (clean minds ploiise) they both smiled and said Of course!!

Todays lesson: I noticed on the front bumper that it had pitting but no where else. I figured this is due to the constant battering of bugs that the bumper cops.

Anyway I'm actually a little bit in love with the G as of today and i love how red and hardbody go together.

OG
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Anyway I edited some photos and here they are - nothing great but a bit of fun. Didn't know what to do with these, car photography is not what I'm best at, but I remember a mate of mine used to love this light leak shit where you replicate a photo from the early film cameras. Some photoshop fun. 

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6