Experimental rear brakes

Started by MD, December 04, 2013, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Hey Ben,

Hahaa. Remind me not to follow you under brakes after the kink to Carousel. ;D

That's pretty ambitious I must say and my first reaction is that the  car will be overbraked but somebody has to push the envelope and I will be following your project with interest.
A point that you should not overlook is unsprung wheel weight. A combination of large rotors, calipers, tyres and rims will change the suspension dynamics appreciably. Not necessarily for the better. Have you actually tried an 18"rim and race tyre on your GTV6 for fit? What about gearing? Mmm, the more I think about it, well you got your work cut out for ya.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

LaStregaNera

With a tandem master I suspect you run into problems with a soft pedal from the 75/GTV6 front brembos slung on the rear - the piston size is just too big.
105 rear calipers bolt on in place of alfetta rear calipers, but you lose the handbrake - but then again, you never have to adjust the bloody thing ever again.
There's a vented rotor (Pug?) that can be adapted onto the rear of the alfetttas with spaced out caliper halves. Ask mr Kirk about it - pretty sure he's done it on his car.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Storm_X

Nissan skyline master cylinder mounted into pedal box, s15 rotors have been modified onto Alfa hubs already. All I have to do now is mount the s15 front rotors and find some rear nissan callipers to match.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"