AROCA Circuit Training 22 March 2014

Started by Neil Choi, December 02, 2013, 09:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Once a year we conduct a circuit training program at Winton, this year it will be on 22 March.
Provided there is enough interest and sufficient numbers, we will proceed.
So we need expression of interest now to begin planning.
The initial thoughts are we could run a shorten program to 4 hours of training session, still with plenty of track time but highly condensed. 
This way we can keep cost down and less stress on your car.  Then you can still stay and enter the Sunday sprint to put everything into practice.

We anticipate having two levels of training.

Novice group involving junior drivers or those just starting out.

Advanced group involving those have driven for a little while with some experience and now level out with their laptimes and wanting to go quicker with better skills without spending money on go fast bits.

Get in touch with me asap.  Phone 0433 11 66 47 (preferably not business hours) or email compsec@alfaclubvic.org.au

Neil Choi

Expression of interest is now called so planning can begin.

Neil Choi

It's on.

If you are a novice, new driver, wanting to learn more on how to drive on a circuit, learn racing line, how to take a corner smoothly, this circuit training program is for you.  If you intend on taking up sprinting, then do this one and get the how's and why's safely, then you will do a lot better on Sunday and other sprints.

Winton is the safest track to learn, virtually nothing to hit and lots of different corners to learn cornering skills.

Get in touch with me.  Places are limited due to time and track density.

neilchoi116 at gmail dot com or phone 0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

Neil Choi

It is with a lot of regret to announce that this year's training program will be the last for awhile and possibly ever.

s9810588

Many thanks to the organisers and volunteers for making it happened. The Mrs is now addicted and has decided to join more of future AROCA sprint events in the novice group.

Had to leave earlier because she reported the car went into limp mode for a minute or so for no apparent reason. Drove all the way to Melbourne without a single glitch but better safe than sorry.

Only had an old compact digital with me but managed to get one passable photo.