Faded and discoloured Alfa Badges. Repair kit for $10 - review

Started by Cool Jesus, November 27, 2013, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool Jesus

I'm sure many of you already have, or have had this condition with your badges. Faded, discloured front and rear badges, as per photos, these are what my daughter's 147 badges looked like. I then came across this decal kit being mentioned on another forum and thought for the measly $10 I'd give it a whirl. Compared to the $35-$40 per badge + shipping, it could be a cheap short (or long) term solution, especially if your looking to smarten up your Alfa and are a little short on coin.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Cool Jesus

Anyhow, I was about to do a write up on how to go about installing the kit when I found that the seller has now made a video on it.
Installation is simple, written instrcutions are good, even better now with video. Item arrives in good time and quality appears to be good, the badge retains its embossed look and is very close to original finish. My kit has been in place since May 2013 and still holding strong and looking good.

Can't go wrong for the price on this item if you want to spruce up your badges. Infact, if you weren't clued up you wouldn't be able to tell. My only criticism, the 'ALFA ROMEO' lettering is in silver and not gold.
The seller also has a black and silver version of the kit if you want to customise your Alfa.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Garibaldi

The end result looks good but I don't think I would have the patience. Well done.

extraball

colcol

I replaced the badge on my 156 a few years ago and it took about 2 hours, at the same time replaced the badge on the 33 and took 5 minutes, that would be a good reason to use this stick on badge as opposed to 2 hours work replacing the whole badge, but it is easier to steal the badge on the 33 as its only stuck on with double sided tape, the 156 on the other hand is a lot harder, but the thief would most likely damage the grill trying to lever it off, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]