[DETAIL] 147 GTA RED by BGD

Started by orgigeorgie, November 07, 2013, 08:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orgigeorgie

So this weekend we had a lovely red 147 GTA. Excited as I had never really worked on a 147 GTA before and wanted to see what the fuss was about.

The car is owned by a forum member and like all good things gets driven daily :) However it also lives outside and has friends:

*shudder*

The snowfoam shot, I made this one super thick!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Doing the rounds:

I have never seen a car respond so well to a wash:

It has had a respray so the paint is nice and thick!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

Some imperfections:

Swirls:

More swirls:
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

After:

Oh hai!

Protecting the fenders during a bonnet polish:

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

The bonnet after a polish:

Getting there slowly

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

The Leather needed some love. I tried a 50/50 hopefully you guys can see the difference.

The side closest to you is the cleaned side. Loads of gunk removed and its nice matt and soft!

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

The gunk:

Tyre shine - for me it is important for it to be very subtle touch. I really hate the splashed on shiny look that goes over the edge onto the actual tyre surface. Use very little. Tyre shine is to complete the package really and just give the car something like what mascara does to womens eyes, outlines them nicely.

The finished product:

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

orgigeorgie

URL=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/orgigeorgie/media/IMAG1191_zps708a9f91.jpg.html][/URL]

Over all I was very happy with how the car turned out. Credit where it is due, the car does have a fresh spray on it which gives it that deeper look as it hasn't really been exposed to 8 years of weather. Hopefully we can keep this for years to come and the owner can continue to enjoy it.

I tried to copy some other GTA detailing pics but failed with my camera phone. Once I get my DSLR back i will hopefully be able to take some nice shots.

If you'd like to know anything about the process just ask below!

Enjoy your car mate, she sure looks the part (and sounds it as you floored it out of my road).

OG

Billy Goat Detailing
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6

extraball

awesome detail, wish my 147 would morph into a GTA :)

orgigeorgie

hahaha thanks mate, don't we all wish we had a busso hey :)
156 GTA | 156 TS | GTV6