900 Series Cars at The 6 Hour

Started by colcol, October 22, 2013, 06:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

There was a good amount of 900 series cars at the recent 6 hour regularity at Winton.
Cars included,  a Alfasud sports sedan, 2 Alfasuds, a Sprint, a 16 valve 33 and a 33 Wagon, and why not Volvo raced one in the 2 litre Touring car series, if god [ Rudolph Hruska ] had designed that fabulous car, the Alfasud for a certain track, then Winton would be the track, where good handling comes to the fore, well done all concerned, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Ray Pignataro

Thank you Colin my sud ran well with the exception of what I believe was vapour lock might have to shroud of the right hand throttle body and duct the hot air from the thermo fan else where,the other sprint you did not mention was the hyundai excel sprint, my son Bens driven by KevinNesci,it was driven there on the track for two hours then driven home

colcol

I failed to mention the Hyundai Excel Sprint because its not a 900 Series Alfa Romeo, but here goes, after about a million track kilometres the GTV 6 said enough, so a replacement car was sought from Bendigo's Cheapest Cars, it was Alfa Club member Ben Pignataro's car, who is a junior member, the car was driven, [ not trailored ], passed on Sunday morning as fit to race.
This is the type of car i like to see, driven to track, driven around race track all day and then driven home again, this is the true spirit of the 6 hour, talking to a driver of a 4 door Aussie built Skyline who had a great weekend, loaded up his car with all his gear and drove back to Gundiguy in N.S.W. somewhere, this is why the event gets booked out in about 10 seconds every year and we are close to track density, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]