Front Passenger Window

Started by Ahrman, July 11, 2013, 12:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahrman

I have replaced the rear window regulator on my 156JTS and it works perfectly. The front passenger one is doing the same thing  it was just before it broke though. New regulator installed, power and cable is good, but the window tips on an angle when trying to put it up and you have to hold it and adjust to keep it straight. has anyone had this problem with any windows at all. I've disconnected the power for now so it stays permanently up, thanks for any tips :)

colcol

If possible take out the felt guides and give them a good clean in some car wash with wax in it, the wax will lubricate the slides to help the glass slide up and down, the glass may not be central lengthways and its slipping out of the guides and tilting inwards, just have a look and see whats its doing wrong, there is some adjustment in the 2 bolts that hold the glass onto the assembly at the bottom, hope this helps, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Ahrman

Hi, thanks Colin, I'll give that a go and see how it works  :), here's hoping.

colcol

If you cannot get it to work properly, then have a look at the bottom of the door, for broken bits of metal and plastic that may have broken off the electric window assembly, and if you are still not sure, have a look at the opposite side door to see if all the bits on one side are the same as the other side, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]