Alfa wrecker/importer

Started by AAG, June 26, 2013, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAG

Hi I am looking for some good alfa wreckers in Queensland. I work at a dealership and trying to chase down a part which is unfortunately on backorder for the customer. The customer wants to try and get a second hand part while waiting for a new one to arrive so they can still drive their vehicle.

Car details:
Alfa 159 2007 Automatic-manual

Part:
Clutch bleeder valve T piece
Part number: (00)55558581

I have attached a photo of what it looks like for reference.

I can't find any other alfa dealers in our network that have one and I am out of ideas.

Any help would be great!

-Matt
Matt | Workshop Parts Interpreter
Armstrong Auto Group - Nissan, Suzuki, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealer
78-84 Neil Street Toowoomba, QLD
PH: (07) 4638 5455

hammer

Matt,

Alfawreck in Sydney have a lot of used late model Alfa parts in stock. Give them a call and let them know that the Qld Alfa Club put you onto them (they've just started advertising in our magazine). I purchased a 156 gearbox from them last year and found them good to deal with. Details below.

Address: 28 Harvey Rd, Kings Park NSW 2148, Australia

Phone: +61 2 8678 2201

Which dealership are you with by the way?

Regards,

Brent Hampstead

AAG

Just gave them a buzz and unfortunately they only had a full automatic one there.

I am at Armstrong Auto Group in Toowoomba. We have just taken on Alfa and Fiat due to the merge with Chrysler. Unfortunately stock is not great at the moment for non common parts in Melbourne since they have just started up.

Thanks for the contact details on them though. Will keep it handy for any other cars we try to get parts for.

-Matt
Armstrong Auto Group - Nissan, Suzuki, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealer

hammer

Matt,

If you're ever looking for slightly older Alfa parts - 105s, Alfettas, 75s etc - try Richard Anderson at Avanti Spares in Brisbane (3266 6623). He may also have stocks of 156 and 166 parts but not sure about 159 onwards.

Check out the club sponsors/advertisers page on the AROCA Qld website too, as several of our other sponsors often have a good supply of used spares in stock.

Cheers,

Brent

BBRT

G'day,

Did you try ASV Auto Group on 132750? They have a good range of "modern Alfas" on their list.

Cheers,

Craig_m67

G'day Matt

Due to the previous importers lack of interest in the brand, the majority of us have for many years gone direct to suppliers in the UK (or EU).  Parts are for the majority always in instore, they can and will check ePer against your VIN for latest revisions/changes and can ship to Aust. in <5 busines days if required.

For modern vehicles (Guilietta/159/GT/156/147 etc) I'd recommend EB Spares.  If they havent got it on hand, they will get it from an authorised dealer.

It's refreshing to see the local importer trying to help for once. You guys should hook up with the major suppliers of classic/vintage Alfa bits too.. it'd be nice to wander into an Alfa dealer and order parts for my '66 Duetto.  I suspect there's a huge market of potential new car buyers waiting to be tapped by providing support, interest or info to existing Alfisti.

Cheers and good luck with the new franchise

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

frankfassi

Well done. Pleased to see that some dealers are thinking out of the box and trying to help their customers as much as possible. Good customer service will eventually pay off.

Bear157

Matt, definitely good to see a dealer actively looking after the client's interests. As someone who has just purchased a 156 and looking for someone in Toowoomba to service it, I will be seriously considering your dealership, which is a lot given that I usually avoid them.

AAG

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. We got one from Monza Motors (PH: (03) 9720 4442). They actually rang us after seeing this post! There service is great and I'll be using them for any parts we need second hand from now on.

Cheers.

hammer

Matt,

Great news. Glad it worked out. The crew at Monza Motors are excellent to deal with.

I'd like to give your dealership a call at some point to see how best we might let our club members know about the services of your dealership. We organise several day runs per year (usually one per month) and perhaps we could take a run up to Toowoomba one weekend, not only to enjoy a drive up the Warrego but also to check out the dealership. Who am I best to speak with there?

Cheers,

Brent

AAG

Hi Brent,

The best contact would be Clive Dawson you can reach him on (07) 4638 5455 (just ask for Clive) or via email cdawson@armstrongauto.com.au

-Matt