Thanks to a couple of Adelaidians

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, June 06, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Meant to post this earlier, completely forgot.

I recently did the Sh*tbox Rally, from Adelaide to Uluru, and then over to Fremantle.  I arrived in Adelaide a few hours before our group was meeting up so I thought I'd grab a spare front wheel bearing for my Alfa 90 'just in case'.  I headed off to to a well-known Alfa parts place on the north-side (I think it was north), but they couldn't help me.  I thought it would be a pretty common part, but hey...

Eventually I found Peter Axford (I think that's right?) at Eurosport, who was extremely helpful.  He didn't have the parts, but made a couple of calls to find the parts for me, and we had a long chat about all things Alfa, and he kindly let me look around his workshop, there were some fascinating race-car builds in there.  So thanks a lot to Peter, and to (Leo, maybe? I lost his business card) at The Spare Place, 172 Grote St.  It was great to find a couple of guys so passionate about their work, and so passionate about Alfas.

And yes, I did end up using the wheel bearing (mine had been recently replaced, but the corrugations out that way really did play havoc with one of them, probably not helped by clouting a fist-sized rock at 90km/h which also broke a wheel), so I'm extremely thankful for their service, and glad I decided to take one, 'just in case'.  As a Melburnian I can highly recommend these guys.

colcol

Sheldon, i agree, that the Spare Place is a good place to buy spares from, quick with a price and they know their stuff, and they deliver overnight, they sponsor the Alfa Club, so its good to support them, if they had no advertisment in the Alfa Club Magazine, you wouldn't know about them, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Storm_X

Spare parts place gets a lot of mentions through word of mouth also. I have been there on a few occasions, and always had what I needed.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

gtv19

Sheldon it is good to see that you got the assistance you needed. By the way Peter and I had submitted an application to enter the Rally but did not make the cut this year.
Eurosport owned by Life Member Peter Axford always has doors open for assistance to race/rally competitors in Targas etc.
I hope we can run along with you all next year.
Cheers,

Laurie
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)