New Giulietta $25k - Drive Away

Started by John Hanslow, May 30, 2013, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

A few dealers had this special in last Friday's CarsGuide.

Recent internet news:

"Earlier this year we outlined a new pricing structure for the Fiat and Alfa Romeo brands to make these iconic Italian vehicles more affordable and more accessible to the Australian market," Veronica Johns, CEO of Fiat Chrysler Group Australia, said.

"The introduction of an expanded Giulietta range is the next step in our repositioning program for Alfa Romeo and we're confident the significant improvements we've made to the value equation for this vehicle line will attract the attention of new car buyers."

Features of the base Giulietta include:

1.4-litre TB engine (88kW/200Nm) with six-speed manual transmission
Alfa Romeo DNA driving-mode selection system
Dual front airbags, Front side airbags, Side curtain airbags
ABS with ASR Brake Assistant, ESP with Hill Holder,
Q2 electronic differential
16-inch steel wheels with multi-spoke wheel cover
'Start & Stop' system
Alfa Sound System with CD/MP3 player and 6-speakers
Steering wheel mounted radio and phone controls
Electric windows
Rain-sensing wipers, Headlight dusk sensor
Progression models add:

1.4-litre TB MultiAir petrol engine (125kW/250Nm) with six-speed manual or six-speed auto
2.0-litre JTDM diesel engine (125kW/350Nm) with six-speed auto
16-inch five-twin-spoke design alloy wheels
Driver's seat electric lumbar adjustment
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Rear seat centre armrest
Existing features for the Distinctive model:

1.4-litre TB MultiAir petrol engine (125kW/250Nm) with six-speed auto
2.0-litre JTDM diesel engine (125kW/350Nm) with six-speed auto
17-inch turbine-design alloy wheels
Front fog lights
Chrome kit
Alarm
Rear parking sensors
Automatic dual zone climate control, Humidity and odour sensor, Rear seat air vents
Electro-chromic interior rear view mirror
Alfa Sound System with CD/MP3 player and 8-speakers, TomTom navigation with vehicle integration
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Competizione fabric upholstery
Giulietta QV continues with:

1750 TBi engine (173kW/340Nm) with six-speed manual transmission
Giulietta QV includes the following equipment, in addition to those of Giulietta Distinctive
18-inch turbine-design alloy wheels
Red brake calipers
Dark tinted privacy glass
QV dash panel
Bose sound system with 10-speakers
Aluminium sports pedals
Aluminium door sill kick plates
PRICING (excludes on-road costs unless noted)
* Does not include statutory or dealer delivery charges

Model Engine/Transmission
Price

Giulietta
1.4 TB (88kW) MT
$25,000 drive-away1
New model

Giulietta Progression
1.4 TB MultiAir (125kW) MT
$27,450
New model

Giulietta Progression
1.4 TB MultiAir (125kW) TCT
$29,450
New model

Giulietta Progression
2.0 JTDM (125kW) TCT
$33,350
New model

Giulietta Distinctive
1.4 TB MultiAir (125kW) TCT
$31,350

Giulietta Distinctive
2.0 JTDM (125kW) TCT
$35,250

Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde (QV)
1750 TBi (173kW) MT
$39,150

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/56576/alfa-giulietta-drops-to-25000-drive-away-with-new-entry-models
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Craig_m67

Anybody have (pics) of a profundo blu giulietta ?
Anybody have an long term ownership opinion on this car (TCT vs manual, 1.4TB vs JTD)

We're thinking (i've ben told) of getting rid of our '03 156 SW and mk4 golf for something new.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Joe Garra

We've (well, Robyn - I get the occasional drive) had our red Giulietta QV for 18 months, very very happy. In fact, Robyn who is an A to B person admits it's the first car she has loved :-) 
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

frankfassi

Go for a test drive in both.

Have the Mito 1.4 TB multiair TCT and love it. Best car I've ever had. Kinda like the looks more than the Giulietta however I'm looking to upgrade to the Giulietta cause it has four doors(another baby on its way).

aggie57

Why would someone buy an A250 Sport for $49k when they can get a Giulietta QV for $39k?  I guess you could argue resale and reliability but its a stark contrast.  And why did Drive not include the Giulietta QV in the comparison list for the A250 Sport today?  Read that article and you see just what great value the current Alfa range is.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Silver Bodgie

We've had our QV since last September (2012) and its more than met our expectations. Goes extremely well, great on fuel and comfortable on long trips.
Peter
Now
Giulietta QV 1750 Alfa Red
Past
2008 159
1750 GT Veloce 1970

McAnnik

Just got a Dealer flyer in my mailbox yesterday. The deal is still on, a new Alfa (base model!) for $25000 drive away, and / or a Fiat 500 for $14000 , pity it's not an Abarth!!! The problem with buying entry level cars (any make) is that when you have tired of it, nobody will buy it unless you are prepared to accept a price well below market because it's not top of the range and fully loaded. You can always trade back to the dealer but most likely they will give you bugger all for it as well. Caveat Emptor!!!!..................................................................Cheers ...................Ian

McAnnik

Thinking hard about the offerings from the local Alfa dealer,and after perusing at length the mailbox flyer, I went to the dealership with the intention of sussing out the finer points of value of the various  versions of Alfa available verses the depth of my pockets. On entering the Ornate Surroundings of the Alfa Palace I was amazed at what I was confronted with. A few Alfa's and two Fiat 500 shopping trollies, (no Abarths in that lot!) amongst some equally priced  and  loaded with extras Chrysler various models. There was one there that looked OK, the right colour, fully loaded with every concievable extra that I would never need and I was offered a price I could'nt refuse for my rooted Commodore, Well! It wasn't brain surgery Roger! I bought a "JeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeP"      (I didn't really! I just had to make a story!!!)  Actually , I'm due for a decent test drive on a QV next week and the sales guy said he will get me into a Fiat ABARTH to sample. (His wifes personal shopping trolley of course !!) In the meantime, he gave me the use of a Leadsled Chrysler 300c,and now my split personality is so totally confused,..........I MIGHT GET TO LIKE IT!!!!!. Heaven forbid!!!!!............."Caveat Emptor" again!

Bellbird

I'm loving my Giulie more and more every day.  Took a while to love the view from the front (have been quoted to say that it looked like a blowfly - remember that Silver Bodgie) but the more I drive it, the more it seems to "settle in".  Was worried at first that it just didn't have the feel of my 156 or cornering ability but it sure does and more!  It's a very sexy car! :)

Qwechun - It says I can use 95 in it but am wanting to use 98.  Will 95 hurt it?

colcol

As ever use the best fuel you can, new cars have knock sensors in them, that retard the ignition for lower grade petrol, to stop them pinging or predetonating or ruining your engine, if you use the higher octane, then the engine computer will advance the ignition to give it a bit more power, and thats a good thing, use Caltex 98 in my 33 and 156, unlike the bad old days, never had a problem with dirty fuel, some of those cut price petrol stations with their cheap fuel,....don't get me started, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Bellbird on July 27, 2013, 08:00:06 PM
Qwechun - It says I can use 95 in it but am wanting to use 98.  Will 95 hurt it?

If it specifies minimum 95, then 95 will be fine.  Use a name brand fuel outlet (Shell, BP, Caltex, Esso) there's enough bad reports out there not to take the risk IMO.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Silver Bodgie

Hello Bellbird
My advice is like others have said, just use the fuel octane number recommended by the manufacturer. ( you know my background)
Regards
Peter
Now
Giulietta QV 1750 Alfa Red
Past
2008 159
1750 GT Veloce 1970

Bellbird

Oakily doakily, Silver Bodgie, will do! :D

colcol

If you are going to use 95, use the brand names, not the cut price no name brands that have been known to shandy petrol down, not to mention having dirty petrol, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

soldiiier

does this mean the 4C will be priced accordingly and more available?? :]