Can anyone reccommend an Alfa Workshop in Adelaide

Started by Andrew Bose, May 13, 2013, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Bose

I have found a GT in Adelaide and need a workshop to do an appraisal, can anyone help as I'm in Victoria and do not want to fly over just to look at it.
Thanks
Andrew

Malcolm

Hi Andrew :) would this GT you have found here in SA be a 2005  black GT, black leather, 3.2L 6 speed manual with asking price of around $17,000? if so we have looked at it ourselves and it drove well and was in pretty good 'nick for its age, however, timing belt needed to be replaced, reason we did not buy we wanted red leather as we already had a black 147 with dark grey (Black) leather.Cheers Malcolm.
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
membership@alfaclubsa.org.au
04309 14 309
1st Car, Morris 8/40 Bakers Van.
2004 Alfa 147Ti 5spd manual(Sold).
1976 Alfetta 2L GT race car (Sold)
Current
2009 Alfa GT 3.2 Litre 6spd manual.
2005 Alfa GT 2 Litre Selespeed to Super Sprint

Andrew Bose

Thanks for that Malcolm, but this is a black with red leather car it is owned by a guy who does not know a lot about it as he purchased it eight months ago and then got a company car.  I just need someone who knows what to look for in an Alfa as the workshop I was recommended cannot do an appraisal because their insurance does not cover it???
Even if someone from the club who knows these cars car have a look for me I am happy to pay to to take it to have examiner connected, and give them something for their time, so I can verify the kms etc. but cannot find anyone to do the job.

Please can someone help my wife likes the colour and has OK'ed the purchase so I would like to buy one before she find some jewellery to distract her.

Malcolm

Andrew, we looked at every GT that was available here in SA recently before purchasing our GT from Melbourne and the only other black GT with red leather available at the time was advertised on Gumtree and let me tell you Andrew, the guy new nothing about the car and we were very concerned, it would only just be ok for conversion to a sprint car, it was a shocker, so sad to see such a great car in the condition this one was.
Andrew, so we do not start playing GT forum ping pong, send me the seller detail so i can be sure of my facts as there just might be another good one here in SA now with red leather.
Provided the GT is not too far away i may be able to check it for you?
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
04309 14 309
Current

Malcolm

Morning Andrew, just as well Victor Lee made contact with me regarding your enquiry. We have seen this GT. The GT looks good in the photos and that is what had us enthused, but let me assure you it is nothing like the photo, note the missing headlamp washer on the drivers side in the first photo, the only way we became concerned was the photo of the car in the advert is in Victoria and not this guys SA home as this car also had the same missing headlamp washer, the car still had the unregistered Victorian permit on the dash, we could not drive it, battery flat, took quite some time to open the bonnet as the latch was busted, the Victorian permit had expired, sadly this car is a shocker, offer $6,000 and be prepared to spend big money if you purchase it.
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
04309 14 309
Current

gtv19

Hello Andrew/Bro, Andrew both Malcolm and I have bought GT`s (funnily enough from the same dealer in Melbourne) and live them. If the car is in Adelaide and you are seriously contemplating purchase I would strongly suggest that youb talk to Peter at Eurosport (a club Life Member), who I suspect may even know the car. Ph.08 83622333.

Good luck,

Laurie
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

Andrew Bose

Thanks gents,
that is why I asked here as I know us Alfa lovers are honest, if I can ever return the favour just ask.
if you guys make it to Melbourne the first round is on me.
Andrew

Malcolm

Hi Guys, Dont bother Peter at Eurosport with this GT as it had not moved out of the guys home for months and we have already looked at it.
Cheers
Malcolm Ebel
AROCA SA President
president@alfaclubsa.org.au
Malcolm Ebel
Life Member AROCA SA
Membership Officer
04309 14 309
Current

Neil Choi

I seem to remember a thread on this GT somewhere, here maybe.  It was a Vic carsales ad, price was cheapish, something about respray, immaculate  and young person was a mechanic or something (repairable write-off or something) but all calls were answered by the mum etc so it sounded rather dodgy from the discussion.  I do remember seeing the photo with Brera and the ADT security sign.  It was advertised for a long time in Vic and couple of people commented on checking it out and confirmed, as have by Malcolm, it was dodgy.

Neil Choi

Here is the thread, I knew I read it here somewhere.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=9189.0

You can read it for yourself, half way down page 1.

Neil Choi

Malcolm, you are right, given the possible difficulties of re-registering, if gotten cheap it will only be good as a club sprint car or one for the VRA racing.  Alfio does pretty well with his.

Neil Choi

Andrew, think you need to buy us all a few beers, saving you inspection fee and possibly definitely thousands.

Cheers buddy.

Andrew Bose

Neil, if the 33 makes it to the next club night you are on.
Thank you everyone

Victor Lee

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

gtv19

I reckon I have seen the car at Eurosport, hence my suggestion to call Pete. But it seems that might be a waste of time for all.
Good luck in your search Andrew, the wait is worthwhile!

Cheeres lads,

Laurie
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)