GoldFields Chapter Sunday Run to Ballarat 5 May 2013

Started by shane wescott, April 22, 2013, 10:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garibaldi

Shane, thanks for organising such a great run. The roads were terrific and the lunch was great. It was good to see so many Alfas there. Can't wait for the next one.

colcol

We left from Maranello Pursang Motors, it was a bit nippy, and went for a drive through some great roads to Daylesford where we met up with some of the goldfields chapter, a cup of coffee and then onto Peter Stevens Motorworld at Ballarat, where they put on a barbeque for us, and we had a speech by the commitee about what the club was about with all the passion for Alfa Romeo, i am sure they don't get the same level of passion with those Korean brands, then a group photo of around about 50 members, you are right Evan, worst bit of badge engineering since the British Motor Corporation, but the Fiat Fairmont or whatever they call it, well they are the type of cars that sell these days, wish i had known about the tram running today, would have gone there myself, instead of the Ballarat Showgrounds accross the road, always next time for a Sunday run to a Ballarat Tram ride, Thank you to Shane and Kerry fo organising such a great day, look forward to the next one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

John Hanslow

Thanks to all who assisted in this club event.

Shane - It was great to see who we could incorporate an EMR for Melbourne folk across to meet up with the Goldfields Chapter.  Great run.

Peter - Local promotion in the Bendigo Advertiser and Ballarat Courier really added to the day.  We had quite a few visitors who came along to check out our club display at the dealer.

Andrew and Barry - In addition we had about 6 new member enquiries and a strong commitment to the Goldfields Chapter to have a local meeting and determine what activities will be held over the next 6 months.

Peter Stephen's - We now have support from Peter Stephen's Motorworld who kindly held a BBQ lunch for our benefit and made their board room available for the Goldfields meeting.

Cheers

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shane wescott

Thanks for the comments Guys.

Always glad to setup a run and especially seeing so many fantastic cars come out. My Prado had to work hard to stay in front, next run I will definitely have the GTV6 up and running :-(

Awesome to see the support from the dealer, I see good things coming forward for the promotion of the Alfa Romeo brand :-)

Glad you guys enjoyed the roads, I found a couple of nice ones on the way back to Bendigo - so future run maybe :-)

Once again thanks for joining in and i look forward to the next event :-)

Catch ya
Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Barry Edmunds

Shane, Thoroughly enjoyed the run (except for the suspension testing dip after Glenlyon which I had been through on a previous occasion but forgot about on Sunday), the scenery, the company and the BBQ lunch at the Dealers. Well done Shane.
I can recommend a visit to the Chocolate Mill just outside Daylesford. Paid a visit on my way home and did some severe damage to my good intentions to avoid chocolate for a while.

Anyone up for a mid winter run to Daylesford to check out the Sunday Market, lunch at the pub and then a visit to the Chocolate Mill down the road?

Barry

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: edmunds on May 06, 2013, 10:02:35 PMAnyone up for a mid winter run to Daylesford to check out the Sunday Market, lunch at the pub and then a visit to the Chocolate Mill down the road?

We'd be up for that Barry, if it's a weekend we're out there we'd pop down for a look.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Hanslow

QuoteDaylesford to check out the Sunday Market, lunch at the pub and then a visit to the Chocolate Mill down the road?

Great idea, just let the committee know in advance so we can put it in the calendar if we have a spare spot. 

Also some of the Goldfields members may want to attend and they may not have internet access so we need to get in in the master event calendar to flow to the magazine.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Garibaldi

Barry,

I would be interested. It sounds like it would be a great day. Keep me posted.

Gary

colcol

Barry,
Great idea, i will put my hand up for that, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]