Main Menu

Fees

Started by spieret, February 22, 2008, 11:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spieret

What are the Racetrack fees for the various tracks around brisbane? And i guess other tracks around Australia might be good to know.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

hammer

Tony,

You should kick off with Saturday Afternoon Sprint at QR. It is $119 for a pre-paid entry, plus you will need to apply for a AASA Clubman licence, which I think is $149 for 12 months. The Sat Arvo Sprints are a fantastic intro into the world of motor racing (says the guy with all of ten months experience). You simply download the entry form and licence application from the QR website, fill it in and fax it back at least a week out from the event. The next SAS is March 29. Show up on the day by 11am, check in at the circuit office, pick up your new AASA licence - make sure you bring your civilian licence wiht you - they will issue you with a number to tape to your car and a wristband to prove to the track marshalls that you are legit and you are in business. There is a novices briefing which usually follows the full drivers' briefing at about 12 noon and you will usally run for the first time in a novice group. All you need in your car in the way of safety equipment is a current fire extinguisher. If you don't have a helmet, you can hire one from QR. Clothing requirements are just ankle to neck cotton - ie jeans and a long sleeve cotton shirt are fine. You also need enclosed shoes - a pair if slim fitting sneakers are a good start.

Top Gear sprints at QR are also $119, and this category is open to race cars as well as road cars.

Hope this helps mate. I will definitely be there on the 29th of March, as my cheeky little brother took my twinspark out to the last sprint meeting and knocked off my PB by 1.7sec. Drivin' it like he stole it! The little sod can really pedal. I've got some catching up to do!

Cheers,

Brent

hammer

Tony,

Further to my previous post, Bernard Mangelsdorf has just alerted me to the fact that QR has actually swapped that March 29 sprint day to April 5. Another week to wait, I'll have the DTs by then.

Hope to see you there.

Brent

Mezevenf

Sat Arvo Sprints entry fee is also $99 as opposed to the TopGear entry fee of $119 :)