102 Touring body spider/s for restoration

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, March 12, 2013, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Alfisti friends,
I have a friend in the US who is in his late 70s and has three 102 Spiders needing restoration. All LHD and he has all the parts and plenty of spares to facilitate these restorations. This chap is a life long Alfisiti and knows these 102s (and 1900s inside out). He will assist with the restorations, but, is at the stage of life where he acknowledges that he will not restore these now.

He has had plenty of offers to part them out in Europe and the States but is keen to offer the cars to an enthusiast/s who may restore one or all three. He has a bespoke rotiserie that goes with the package and will assist with any packing/transport for the cars.

The project/s are not for the uninitiated or daydreamers please.

First enquiries to me please via PM.

Best Regards
Phil

PS Message today from US vendor that provides context
PPS The good one with Boarranis in the photos is not for sale. It is the the vendors run about.

Phil, Thank you for saying you will distribute the photos to see if you can find someone who just has to have a car like one of these down there.  I haven't the foggiest idea of what someone would consider these cars to be worth in Australia.  If someone asks, just say you know I would sell relatively cheap to someone who claims he intends to restore one, and would not be offended by any offer.  I very much want these cars which I have treasured so long to end up with someone who intends to want to love them enough to make them again be treasures.  I don't want them just cut up or melted down.  There is a fellow in Florida who kept urging me to put photos of them on line for him, but fear he intends to part them out hoping to make far more for the pieces than for a completed car.  I could have done that long ago.  My thought is that no one would want to cut up a perfect car to make it right hand drive, but they want right hand drive cars theres, so in Australia would be a perfect place for them.  I know the Alfa factory made right hand drive 2600 cars, so I suspect AFRA in Milan would have the pieces for them that would bolt right onto a two liter (might have to revamp the dash for the steering column).  AFRA is the depot in Milan where all Italian manufacturers turn in the remaining parts for their cars at the end of the tenth year after no longer manufacturing them.  A person can get 1900 parts easily.  Notice in your Alfa parts book (you do have one, don't you?  If not, I could photocopy one for you)  how the numbers identifying parts sometimes start with different number sequences to reflect models of cars made earlier whose parts are being used on your.  Hope your beautiful car got lots of compliments so far this hot season .  Ir comes up periodically on my computer screensaver and almost makes me want to restore mine.  But I long ago decided I will leave that for my son when I'm gone.  He will have
the Montreal to sell to get funds to do it.

massiveluvbuddy67

more photos...note hard tops are available too...

massiveluvbuddy67

The last car....