Phillip Island Classic Festival of Motor Sport Pics

Started by Neil Choi, March 10, 2013, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Sinclair

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on March 14, 2013, 10:20:15 PM

I saw that one, I was sure they would come together.  Brilliant driving from both of them.  Whoever that Skaife guy is, I'd say he has a very bright future in motorsport ahead of him.

Maybe, but not as an advanced driving instructor
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/celebrities-lose-their-grip-20130314-2g2t4.html
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

AikenDrum105

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

Chris Blanden

Neil,

You must have some footage of one of the times I passed you??

Neil Choi

NO!  Camera broke.

???You passed me?  No........!!!  Couldn't have. 

Chris Blanden

It's so seldom I pass anybody I usually remember!

Neil Choi

You are getting old, your memory is mixed up.

Didn't Dominique pass you?

alfa duk

Here is the in car of the mustang incident that gives a true indication of what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb0dfPJ80Dg
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Mick A

It really makes me angry to watch a stupid move like that on the first lap. 10 more seconds and he could have passed safely on the straight.
It was the first lap for fucks sake. If it were the last lap it would be slightly less deplorable, but still stupid.

A very poor display of race-craft and judgement, I hope the repairs to that Mustang are extremely costly.

aggie57

That's a great piece of footage.  Clearly they had been close to each other since the start.  I really like the way the Mustang gave the Alfetta room in turn one and how the slower Alfetta passed the faster Mustang around the outside at Lukey's...... very gentlemen racing  ;D

Its racing guys.  Always have a good panel shop as a sponsor.....
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Neil Choi

It is racing but getting hit by over aggressiveness and carelessness to cause significant damage or any damage at all is not nice.  It is not V8 Supercar Clash'em derby.

I personally don't have a money tree to pay for panel damage, given I also sustained multiple damages.  I would jump 3 widths sideways or give a spot or two to avoid collision, hence why I am a slow driver!!!

Evan Bottcher

I hope next time I make a stupid mistake you guys aren't watching...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

alfa duk

Thanks for the responses gents, i persevered with the issue because some stated that it was a reasonable manoeuvre and i wanted to prove that it wasn't. Its not about who was wrong or right but more about what is acceptable. This is not the norm for 99% of the time for the style of racing we are involved in.It is for that reason that it gets noticed. For those that want to get involved in the sport, this is a worst case senario, dont be scared off from this stupid incident.
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

aggie57

Quote from: alfa duk on March 20, 2013, 07:06:37 PM
Thanks for the responses gents, i persevered with the issue because some stated that it was a reasonable manoeuvre and i wanted to prove that it wasn't. Its not about who was wrong or right but more about what is acceptable. This is not the norm for 99% of the time for the style of racing we are involved in.It is for that reason that it gets noticed. For those that want to get involved in the sport, this is a worst case senario, dont be scared off from this stupid incident.

Huh?  Proven what?  With all due respect all that's proven is that when people start racing accidents happen.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

alfagtv58

Duk, sorry to see that, how bad was the damage?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti