Hi im new to alfa's

Started by xlr8, February 14, 2008, 08:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlr8

Ok so i have just fallen inlove with the 105 series of cars. I am in need of as much information i can get on them. I am normally a sucker for bigger cubed engines and larger cars. However there is something about those little italian sports cars that has caught my attention.

i am quite interested in a ALFA ROMEO GTV 1971 1750 SERIES 2. Can anyone in the know about these cars give some helpfull tips, what to look for that kind of stuff also the 1300 GT junior.

Thanks in advance

Gary Pearce

The Giulia series (105) are a great source of enjoyment to many of us and I'm sure there would be a lot of help available to you through our club. Please consider joining if you haven't already and you too will enjoy the fellowship of members with like interests in a wide range of activities.
When sourcing a car look closely at the re-build quality and history (photos of the restoration are always a help) as these models are now 40 years old and will either require restoration or have had such repairs previously carried out to varying standards.
Mechanically they are very easy to attend to and with a little care and attention to detail track times will often be faster than the 'big bangers' that you mention.
They also make good daily drivers, as the power, braking and handling all stack up well against more moden vehicles.
Look to purchase through all the normal channels, there is a couple on e-bay at present and there is a nice Green 2000 GTV advertised on our buy and sell forum. It is is Adelaide though. Our club magazine 'Cross & Serpent' regularly has cars in the 'for sale' section too.
Remember it is alway good to have some one in the know help you with a pre-purchase inspection to save some grief if you are not completely familiar with the type.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe