New to AROCA and my first Alfa....

Started by Ash Gordon, February 07, 2008, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Gordon

Joined AROCA at the spettacolo after finally purchasing my first Alfa about 2 years ago.

Had been searching for a 105 for about 6 months, either a 1750 or 2000 and finally found a 1969 1750 GTV.

Teed up a time to view the car only to receive a phone call the seller the following day saying he had sold the car sight unseen to another buyer. Well I was having none of that and managed to persuade him to hold off until I had viewed the car that night and put down a deposit to secure the car. I was now the proud owner of my first Alfa.

She has received some much need attention after 25 years with the one owner and a few too many backyard additions and alterations. Replaced windscreen, exhaust, bushes, shocks, water pump and removed aircond. Was incredibly unstable around corners and through roundabouts, with a tell tale squirm in the rear, the shocks and new bushes seem to have done the trick for now. I am sure there still a few original rubber bushes that still need replacing. The interior is in great nick for a vehicle of its age, just a normal wear and tear on the seats and a small crack in the dash.

Unfortunately she is no longer garaged and the paint work is suffering and showing more backyard 'abuse'. The paint has crazed and cracked badly in the rear revealing a shunt at some stage with a few crude weld lines hidden under about 5mm of filler. 

Aim is to strip and repaint when funds allow, in the meantime she may not look great but still runs extremely well and is a load of fun to drive!

Will post some pictures soon.

Cheers Ash
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

alfagtv58

Welcome Ash.  the 105 is a classic shape and I just love 'em!  When it comes time for the body repairs and a coat of paint check out our sponsors link, all of these guys know these cars and how to get the very best out of them.  If you can, come along to the club night at Bell's next Wednesday night.

Oh, and by the way, get used to the nervous feeling rear end of the 105.....IMO it is what makes these cars a true drivers car, and a hoot to drive every time!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti