1965 2600 Sprint for auction in Melbourne

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, June 03, 2011, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

EZEE

Mmmm.....I was reading this and thought, remembering I am still new to the forum, can I add anything constructive having just bought a pristine 2600 Sprint a few weeks back at the top range of the Shannon's estimate....?

I wasn't looking for a 2600 at all but rather an older 105 (still am) but when I saw my one "fell" for it - if that makes sense. It has had a lot done to it (totally restored but not everything changed) and it feels "newish" but still "old" in many ways.  Looks great standing still :) and my view is whenever buying something like this we are all after more than just transport........

So my point on value I guess is it that it is in whatever someone is willing to pay. I am happy with my purchase and doubt, no am certain, I could not recreate such a vehicle with my skill set. As for the Shannons one I have to defer to the experts.........would have made me feel a touch better had it sold of course ......

cheers

Emmanuel

Davidm1600

Hi Emmanuel, good for you, for you sure will have bought a great Alfa.  I think it it is a wise person, who if realises they don't have the skills, time, space or even inclination to restore a car (whatever it is), then the next best course of action is to buy someone else's completed restoration.  Especially if you can confirm it has been properly done and/or you have the means to do so.  Often it can cost less than the restoration itself.

I so understand the journey David Mills is taking as I too have been working on my Giulia Super on and off for the past 9 years and still have a long way to go, let alone $$$ to spend on it.  Oh and then there is my '69 series 1 1750 GTV that patiently waits its turn.

What none of us ever wish to do is spend a lot of hard earned $ on a shiny but problem child that is going to cost a fortune to put right.

The main thing is that like all Alfisti, I hope you do get to use it and enjoy it as it was intended.  Welcome to the Alfa virus.

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

massiveluvbuddy67

Well said David. Having restored them (at great expense), buying duds both here and overseas and buying someelses restoration, David is spot on. Enjoy your 2600 Emmanuel and drive it.

David Mills

Emmanuel enjoy it. They are wonderful cars.  Maybe bring it to Tourismo Tasmania next Easter?

EZEE

Hi David,

I intend to get to the event but not sure if it will be with the 2600 yet. Let's see. I appreciate all of the encouragement.

Emmanuel