!MUST SELL! 1974 Berlina 2000 (Manual)

Started by Tom Perkins, April 27, 2006, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Perkins

FOR SALE

Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000 Manual.

Fantastic condition.

Advertised on www.drive.com.au for $9,500.

Offers around $8500 seriously considered. MUST SELL!!!!!

This car has had a complete engine rebuild in 2003 (around $5,000) and much much more.

Call Tom on 0418 772 554, alternativly, tompiperkins@hotmail.com

Tom Perkins

Beautiful paint colour....

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins

Looks good doesn't it!

Craig Walters

What kind of condition is the body in? I haven't seen many manual berlinas in good condition...

How many K's? Is there (much) rust? Are these photos recent? What exactly was done during the rebuild? Where has the car been serviced? Does it have webbber carbs?

Appreciate a photo of the engine bay as well if not to difficult.

Is the car close to the city?

Thanks Tom.

Tom Perkins

Hi Craig,

The car has done around 160000 km's. There is very little rist on the drivers side window and on the boot lid, the car had a $6000 bare metal respray in 2002 and has be well maintained since then. The photos were taken about a month ago for an ad on drive.com.

During the rebuild the whole engine was removed from the car and completely disassembled. It has brand new factory sleves, pistons, rings, little ends, big ends, thrust bearings, gaskets and a reconditioned head with reseated valves. Basically the lot. At the same time the gearbox recieved similar treatment with new 1st gear and sincro hub, and new sincros all round. This was all done to make the car better. The existing mechanicals were working fine.

The car has been serviced at "The Italian Job" in oakleigh. And the car is fitted with dual vacume boosters and the slightly superior Dell'Orto carburators.

The car is currently in Malvern near the Toorak road exit.

I will try to get a photo of the engine bay ASAP.

Cheers

Tom Perkins

Hello Everyone,

I think i have done all i can...

I have here one of the best examples of a classic alfa you can find on the roads. With a powertrain in absolutly PERFECT condition.

I can not tell you how disappointed i am to have to sell this car. not to mention only after 3 years and over $7,000.00 worth of work. I bought the car for $8,750.00 + $7,000.00 work = $15,750.00 and am selling it now for $8500!

CRAZY.

A have plenty of time to show you the car or you can even take it for a drive. Hey, give me a cirtified bank check and you can drive it home, NOW.

I need to tell you the car IS registered for 2006.

PLEASE, dont hesitate to ask any questions or contact me on 0418 772 554, tompiperkins@hotmail.com

Thanks

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins

Engine bay, as promised

Tom Perkins

Front seat

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins

Tom Perkins