Top Gear Sprints in Feb

Started by hammer, January 22, 2008, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Hi there crew,

I am wondering if many of you are going to run the Top Gear Sprints at QR on Feb 16. I have booked in for the Saturday afternoon Sprints this Saturday and am just looking at the Feb booking form now. If there is only a handful of sprinters for Feb 16 then I will just run the Top Gear Race on Feb 17. If, however, a substantial number of Alfas are intending to Sprint on the Saturday, then I'll book in for both.

Please fire me back a post if you are intending to Sprint on Feb 16. I am absolutely busting a gut to get out on the track to kick off 2008!

Brent

Jacko

Hi Brent

Mike & I are hoping to run the new car at the first Top Gear Sprint. Even if it's not running by then I'll use the old car with Sian. See you this Saturday - I'm going to give the road car a run just for the hell of it.

Mark

Rossi

Hi Mark & Brent and all
Wondering what's happening, it looks like the top Gear racers are saving themselves for the Top Gear Sprints and Top Gear Races and are passing on the SAS Sprints which are for road registered vehicles only. Can't wait for the 16th to arrive

Paul

hammer

Paul,

I'm going to run this Saturday to test a couple of minor mods that we made in the off season. I have installed an adjustable front sway bar and want to find the right setting.

I think I'll book in for the Top Gear Sprints as well as the Top Gear Race to make a full weekend of it on Feb 16/17. I can't wait to chase you and Charles around the track. I'll have to grab the number of that braided brake line guy from you too, as Julian went to fit the rear one for me and realised that it has the wrong fitting.

Jacko; are you sure that Sian will loan you the old machine? She may be a little possessive of it now the new fetta is on the block. I had a look at it over at Leda Suspension. Very impressive. Chris and I will see you out there Saturday. Chris is just crewing for me as his 33 isn't quite ready to go.

Regards,

Brent

hammer

Hi there team,

KP will probably cover some of this in the mag at some point but I thought I would put it up on the site for anyone entering the Top Gear Sprints in Feb or the Saturday arvo Sprints in March.

Those of us who arrived at the Sat Sprints this weekend, bright and early as usual, found that some changes had been made that we had not be informed of. No check in was allowed until after 11am. The briefing was at 1pm, rather than 12pm as it has been, and most importantly, the pit spots are allocated to the first 40 entrants only. These 40 spots are given to entrants based on when QR received their entry form and they are given their pit number when they check in. You are allocated a full pit and you can share it with someone if you are feeling generous.

For future sprints I would suggest you get your entry in as early as possible and mark on your cover letter that you want to be pitted with all the other Alfas. That way they may take the time to group us together in the pits. If your entry is late you may want to contact another club member to arrange a shared pit. It's bloody hot out in the paddock at this time of year!

Other than that the Sat Sprints proceeded nicely, although a very poor showing from the Alfas meant we were dicing with all manner of Japanese machinery rather than fine Italian steeds.

The other point of interest is that the Top Gear Sprints will be staggered starts for three cars at a time, supersprint style.

See you in Feb.

Brent