How to repair broken push button on alfa 156 remote

Started by Alfa Sam, May 24, 2011, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa Sam

I have two keys with the black remote for my 2002 facelift 156. The main push button for door open/lock on one key has collapsed. It looks like the micro switch to that button has broken and needs replacement. I found some instructions to repair on alfa156.net (see link)

http://www.alfa156.net/fr_index.html?/info.html (scroll down page and look for "Michaeld's Button Flip Key Guide pdf" which is an item under "user tips")

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so how did they fix? Anyone know where you can get the microswitch? Any comments on the solution presented inth link?

Why am I going to this trouble?..Replacement key with remote from alfa dealer approx $400 (last time i checked, probably more now) I suspect (hope) microswitch is worth a couple of bucks!

Brad M

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

wankski

it is a SMD switch... what u need is a SMD tactile switch if yours has failed...

pretty simple job if you are experienced in Surface Mount Devices.... if not, try to practice first... although a switch is not particularly heat sensitive... i suggest u use a tiny bit of bluetac to hold the device in place as you 'spot solder it' and go back over it to make sure u have good coverage and a solid solder joint.

http://au.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=vOd3edNlRKCIvL5iyslBFg==&cm_mmc=findchips-_-na-_-na-_-na

TFJ100

Wondering if any in Melbourne as successfully repaired one of these micro switches (and maybe has a replacement switch). I opened mine up, found the displaced switch, and tried to solder it back into place. It didn't come to life...which could be my bad soldering (the things are tiny!) or the switch could be broken, and I should be soldering in a new switch instead.

If I thought I would have success doing it by myself, I would...but i have any doubt I'll send it to the UK guys on eBay who'll do it for $25...

Thanks
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

colcol

The guys do it for $25 in the UK is a no brainer, as someone who stuffed around for hours [trying] to fix a remote for a Commodore, with no success, for remotes you can get replacement shells and replacement buttons made of silicone, with limited results, tell us how you go and where you got it fixed, a bloke i know that reprograms remotes told me one of the tricks for remote lasting a long time, is always have clean hands, as too much acid can rot the rubber in the buttons and have your fingernails short, as the long nails dig holes in the rubber buttons, thats all from me, off now to have my nails done at the nail parlour, bye, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]