2600 project for sale

Started by Doug Gould, January 06, 2013, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

Some years ago I bought 2 x 2600 sprints from a guy in Bowral. One was a pretty good restoration candidate the other was beyond saving. The guy had started restoring it with his father, but the parents moved and sold the house and there was no room for the 2600. Since then I haven't laid a spanner on the car and it doesn't look like I will. The Blue car is a very good candidate for a nut & bolt restoration. The red car has now been cut up, but key panels have been kept (bonnet, boot, front mudguards, etc). Essentially, I have a 2600 in pieces with a second set of mechanicals. The blue car's body is in pretty good condition, except that the floor is rusted (typical 2600 issue - new floor pans are available cheaply from Canada) and the rear parcel shelf is rusted (one again typical), but the parcel shelf from the red car has been kept and its OK.

The interior is cream leather and not perfect. But I think I'd simply work on conditioning the leather and re-install it so it has the old patina.

It has tripple webers and I pretty much bought it for the value of the webers and that's pretty much all I want for it. I have also collected a bunch of workshop manuals, parts books, etc and I have its birthing certificate from Alfa.  More of my time is being spent overseas and what time I have I'll just put into the Montreal & GTV6.

Anyone interested can call me on 0419 346 853 or email doug at gould.net.au

08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Doug Gould

I've shaken hands on this, but I'm in Central Australia at the moment, so I've been slow about posting
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle