Radiator for gtv6 3L v6

Started by SteveGTV6, May 27, 2016, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveGTV6

Hey all,

Recently purchased and installing a modified 3l engine into my gtv6 and just wondering will the normal radiator be ok or should I get an upgraded one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repco Lad

Hi Steve

Radiator from the 2.5lt will be fine, assuming it is in good condition. If it is years old, or your temps were a little up on the old engine when cruising along, it may pay you to get a rad shop to have a look at it. I got a new core put in mine when I did my 3lt conversion as a matter of course- cheap insurance for a couple of hundred dollars

Also think about wiring the air cond fan to come on with the other thermo fan, particularly if you are going to be driving in traffic

DJ

105gta

As sportiva said the standard radiator is totally fine.
The best mod you can do is fit the fan from a 75 and do away with the twin poor design and inadequate fans
If you're not sure of the wiring etc.. Just pay to get n auto elec to wire it up for you so it runs all the time, ignition on or off.
The only issue is the standard gtv6 fans only cover part of the radiator while a 75 fan will reach  top to bottom. A wee bit of fiddling to make it fit neat but works a treat. And and easy job :)
If you have any doubts I'll take a video and give you a walk around of my install.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)