3 button key

Started by zippytheclown, May 29, 2015, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippytheclown

does anyone know where would be the best place to go for a replacement 3 button key for a 147GTA?  I just bought a GTA but it only came with 1 key and that was the plain key with no buttons, which means I have to manually lock/unlock the doors, and the only way I can open the hatch is from the dash button.

Alternatively, I do have a spare 3 button key for my GT, can anybody tell me if I can get it reprogrammed (after getting the blade recut to suit the GTA locks/ign) and where would be the best place to get this done?

Third option, if reprogramming is do-able, does anybody have a 3 button key to suit a GTA/GT they are willing to part with?

Bill
'03 Holden Commy XYII Work Ute (Monday to Friday Car)
'04 147 GTA Sele (Saturday Car)
'07 Alfa GT V6 (Sunday Car)
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Sprint Veloce (Money Pit)

bazzbazz

I can reprogram a 3 button key to your car, I am in Capalaba

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

zippytheclown

Thanks Baz, I'll give you a shout if I can find one to reprogram! $301 from italy and 4 weeks but comes pre-coded to your car, works off the vin i guess.  UI'd rather find a second hand one and get you to make it work  =-)

bazzbazz

All you need to do is get a 3 button key off eBay or from our local wreckers here in Brisbane, try APF motors, 32653914, tell him I sent you. Just make sure it has the Remote Locking Circuit Board in side, along with the battery holder.

As for key & immobiliser chip, mister minute at Kenmore in the Kenmore village, will cut new key & clone chip for under $180 apparently. then bring me the car & the new key and I will re-program new key to car. I charge $60, and give car a full Diagnostic while the Computer is hooked up for no extra.

Baz

On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

zippytheclown

so Baz, do you mean as well as buying a second hand key (probably $30-50) I will then need to get a new transponder fitted to it for $180 and then $60 to get it coded?  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but that's 270-290$ for a second hand key, apart from the fact that it probably would take 4 weeks, I can get a brand new one from alfa for $301

bazzbazz

Yeah, the $180 for the chip is what hurts.

Sent you a PM

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Andiroid

Ok, I'm chiming in. I just bought a 147 3 Door. I have 2 keys, but 1 is missing the battery holder. Can I just get a battery holder from somewhere for it?
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr