TS propellor shaft alignment

Started by GTVeloce, December 18, 2014, 11:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Ok, I may have made a a silly mistake. I had two spare prop shafts and thought, why not make up one good spare and ditch the rest? Well, cos it wasn't about to go on a car I was la bit lax and didn't mark the relationship between the two halves. Oops!

Question is, can anyone tell me (or better still show me) the alignment of the two halves? i.e. the yokes on either side of the centre bearing support could either be aligned the same or almost (but not exactly) 180o apart.

Thanks

Divano Veloce

I have one on the shelf at home, but im not at home. I'll be at home tomorrow night though and can send some detailed photos
1968 Berlina TS
1989 75 TS
1990 75 TS
2007 147 JTD

Neil Choi

Julian,

If you are talking about the front half of the shaft spiders alignment, then the front spider lines up bolt to bolt with the middle spider (which is removable and hence why you are uncertain of its alignment, correct?) after the centre bearing.  Then from the centre bearing spider, it bolts to the rear half at the obvious 60 degrees offset as there are the only 3 holes left in the middle donut.  The rear half shaft's two spiders line itself up bolt to bolt but I don't think the spiders can be removed so doesn't matter.

Is this what you are after?

Neil