Tips for buying second-hand Guiliettas

Started by alfag, October 24, 2014, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfag

Hi Guys,

I've started the search to get myself into a Guilietta. While I'd love a QV or brand new one it's out of my price range. However i'm thinking a relatively new (2012/2013) Distinctive model potentially with the Sportiva Pack could be within my range as they seem much cheaper than the new Driveaway prices dealers gave me. Carsales prices are quite varied too from what i can gather as they're so few out there, some above and some below the $30k mark.

Does anyone have a good idea on how much I should be looking at? I'm willing to pay a fair price for a fair car. Also any tips on faults/issues i should look out for while test driving given it would likely be a private sale. And if there's anywhere outside of Carsales.com i should be searching (it seems to dominate the market).

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Alfa G

Craig_m67

At an auction.
In June, i watched a 2011 Silver Giuli QV with 46Ks, FSH and keys, no options sell for $16,200

That's plenty of savings for issues, given most will be out of any warranty.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

alfag

Thanks Craig,

That sounds like an exceptional deal. I'll keep digging and an eye on the auctions.

Thanks

Nikola78

Quote from: alfag on October 24, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I've started the search to get myself into a Guilietta. While I'd love a QV or brand new one it's out of my price range. However i'm thinking a relatively new (2012/2013) Distinctive model potentially with the Sportiva Pack could be within my range as they seem much cheaper than the new Driveaway prices dealers gave me. Carsales prices are quite varied too from what i can gather as they're so few out there, some above and some below the $30k mark.

Does anyone have a good idea on how much I should be looking at? I'm willing to pay a fair price for a fair car. Also any tips on faults/issues i should look out for while test driving given it would likely be a private sale. And if there's anywhere outside of Carsales.com i should be searching (it seems to dominate the market).

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Alfa G
Hi there.
Ive bought my 2013 G Sportiva pack with 10000km on the clock last month of Blackburn nissan dealership for $24000, but I guess I was lucky.I never really liked Giuliettas, but just couldnt resist the price.
As some say that that the best things come when you are not chasing them...
Just search patiently...
Current
2017 Giulia Veloce
2002 156 2.5 Auto
2015 BMW 520

Past
2017 Giulietta Veloce
2004 156 2.5 Auto
2014 Giulietta Sportiva
2007 159 2.4D
2004 156 V6 Manual