156 door hinge

Started by Alfasam, October 19, 2014, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfasam

Drivers side door on my 2002 156 has dropped due to a broken door hinge. I assume I should replace both top and bottom hinges. Is the dealers the only place to get new ones? Any idea of cost? And any particular things to watch out for when doing the job?

colcol

I would go to an Alfa Romeo wrecker, try Monza Motors, as you will most likely get one that is painted in the correct color, go to a dealer for a new one and you will have to get it painted as well.
I would be VERY carefull doing this job myself, as you have to be aware that as you loosen off the hinge, it will drop the door and you can dent and scratch it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Alfasam

Thanks Colin.  The actual hinge is ok, it's the bolt and pin holding it together that has snapped. Obtained a hinge with bolt from Monza Motors, needs to be painted, but will be a relatively cheap fix. Thanks for the advice.

colcol

Painting it it with the correct 2 pack paint would be quite expensive, done properly by a body shop, you might be able to find a good match in a spray can from an auto supply and do it yourself in acrylic lacquer, for example for the 33 which is red, i always use a Mitsubishi color 'impact red', Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]