Hey from Tassie! :D

Started by matty-o, October 19, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty-o

Hey guys,

Joined a few months ago, so figured I should probably say hello!

Bought myself my first Alfa, an 84 Alfetta GCL sedan, have had it for about 6 months now or so. Loving every minute of it.

Matt
2012 Giulietta QV manual - for sale

Garibaldi

Hi Matt, welcome. I like your car, where did you get it? There aren't too many left in that condition.

matty-o

Thanks.

I bought it locally off an older gentleman, for what I think was a steal  :),  just outside of Launceston. It was one of many of his alfas, needless to say it has been well looked after.

four90s

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the fraternity. Was that the one that was on Car Sales for a while? I have one as one of my current projects, same colour as yours too. Nearly back on the road. I'm hoping to have it at Spettacolo this year.

Cheers
Steve,
Adelaide
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

matty-o

Cheers Steve, I assume that was the one, not many of them around. The seller said he'd had it listed for a while but hadn't really had much interest. I came across it browsing Gumtree, lined up a test drive a day or two later. The rest is history.

It does need a little bit of attention on the body, rust in the front passenger door sill, light surface rust developing under the rear window and a small ding on the back next to the boot. Other than that, very tidy for a 30 year old car.

pep105

Hey Matty
Welcome thats a clean Alfetta seems to be in good original nic.
Original fog lights too !
Good choice for your first Alfa every Alfisti should own an Alfetta sedan at some point.
Ive got an 84 GCL as well and it was my daily driver for three and a half years
Great fun.
Just fired her up tonite after a bit of a hiatus.
They've got the 4:3 transaxle and factory 10548 cams which should offset all the
additional electrics ! They get along quite well
Keep us updated
Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

four90s

Hey Matt,

While you are looking for rust, the plastic covers on the A pillars are a lovely spot for it to develop, as the runoff from the front of the gutters goes between the metal and plastic parts of the pillar.

Only found that out as I had to take the metal trims off to re-fix. Took about six weeks instead of the afternoon I had planned on. (Found rust.)

I've also converted to five stud as I have many, many sets of wheels and I put TS brakes on the front.

Cheers
Steve
Adelaide.
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)