Average / Reliable - Alfa/Euro mechanics & auto-electric Gold Coast Region

Started by mfroes, June 30, 2013, 02:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfroes

Hi,
Do Anyone knows a decent / average mechanics and auto electric on the gold coast ?
Got tired of all misleads from Revolution Automotive in Southport.
9 months and almost 10G later (have got all the receipts) my car is still not idling proper, floods from time to time, shuts down if let it sit even when hot, from 1-2000 rpm the car just stutters, chokes.
my brakes are still not working proper, my handbrake and nothing is the same thing, and guess what? they have changed the cable to one with NO ADJUSTMENT screw, so another 50 bucks for it. i just wonder wth my old perfect one has gone?
my accelerator still gets stuck from time to time.... no reason.

have bought a full exhaust system from CSC from headers to tip, now i just cant take the oil stick out. hopefully my car still has oil, but i cant be sure. have complained, they cut part of the aluminium off the headers but still cant take it off. left there with my speedo working, the it doesnt anymore. went for rust treatment.. said 3 weeks... 3 and half months later ... they give me back the car in 1 piece.... different color used .... painted on top of the rust, with the drivetrain axle hitting the bottom of the car...
now need to fix the "notchy" 2nd gear... dont want to send there anymore.
they`ll probably wont fix it proper anyways.
i wonder if they wont even make a test drive before ?!?!?!?
try to use whatever it is and make sure it works ?

have asked them to install another stereo: they have sent god only knows where... that they have just twisted the wires and put isolant tape on top. if i listen to the radio, my instrument cluster shuts down, if i hit the brakes, sometimes the car shuts off. complained... they said that the auto electric said it was too hard to fix because its an alfa (i`m like... wth ?!?! a fuse and a relay should work for the voltage drop)
asked at the same time to install the left hand side electric mirror...
they probably sent to the same guy because he soldered all the wires directly to the swith wires, no connectors on the doors... now.. guess what? need to change the door pins.. and cant disconnect the crazy thing.
went to check.. the soldering on wires inside the door panel were open hitting against the bodywork.
now i understand why it would move by itself from time to time.

I am really tired of paying lots of money for crapp jobs that just wont fix or would just make my car catch fire.
i would do it myself, but then need to rent a workshop somewhere, because i dont have hoists or all tools at my house here, get holidays because wont be able to work, etc. People keep telling me .. "thats normal its an alfa.
sell it and buy a holden. a calibra or laser.. they are as fast as your GTV6". Never thought that finding good mechanics here are hard.

not saying that revolution is not the one for your car or to do basic maintenance like changing oils/pads etc.
i just wouldnt trust my son`s car with them, if you know what i mean.

all i want to do is make my car a reliable daily drive car. definitely love this car.

so i am just trying to find a place that people have had good experience with the workshop.
Please Alfa Lovers ..
HELP ME !!!

mfroes

ahhh
that one too... have paid for a full overhaul of my wipers.
they still dont work proper. they tell me its an old car.
i`m like: the new cars are not like this, i have asked you to put the new car motors/electrics.
i think its a voltage drop with the resistance of the windshield.

not saying that the car is not working better on an overhaul state, but not 10G better as nothing seems to have been fixed proper. so i cant trust anything and want to send somewhere now to have it all redone/checked.
imagining myself going for holidays on sunny coast or trying to reach the alfisti in VIC and not reaching the other side.

hammer

See Paul Young at Sunshine Auto Electrical in Tweed Heads. He owns half a dozen Alfas and knows them intimately. He will also know the most trustworthy Alfa mechanic on the Gold Coast. Youngie is a club member, a great bloke and a no bullshit individual.

frankfassi

The guys from Alfamotive in Rocklea won't let you down. Lots of experience and great rates. Not quiet near to you but maybe a good alternative.